Community

California Education: Prop 51

California Education: Prop 51

The Kindergarten Through Community College Public Education Facilities Bond Act of 2016, or Proposition 51, is a really big name for, “Let’s help better educate our kids”! On November 8, 2016, California voters will be faced with the decision to…

Designing for America’s Finest

Designing for America’s Finest

Whether we were at a football game or watching a political rally on television, my father used to tell me, “I still get a tear in my eye every time I hear the national anthem.” Now, 50 years later, the…

2015 AIA Emerging Professionals Awards

2015 AIA Emerging Professionals Awards

Each year the American Institute of Architects California Chapter’s (AIACC) Academy for Emerging Professionals (AEP) hosts a program to honor those who contribute in assisting Emerging Professionals and their colleagues in pursuing their personal and professional goals through presenting awards to deserving…

Earth Day In Sacramento

Earth Day in Sacramento!

For 45 years now, human beings around the world have been gathering to celebrate planet Earth on April 22nd. According to Wikipedia, “Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to…

Canstruction at the AIACV Experience Architecture Week

Canstruction at the AIACV Experience Architecture Week

It’s that time again folks – the American Institute of Architects, Central Valley Chapter (AIACV) is knee-deep in planning for the upcoming Experience Architecture Week. The 10-day celebration, starting October 10th, was created to facilitate greater transparency with the public in…

A Trip Back in Time - Exploring the Legacy of Nacht & Lewis

A Trip Back in Time – Exploring the Legacy of Nacht & Lewis

Our firm has a rich history in Sacramento, which is no surprise after being in business for 92 years. With the legacy of our name, we take great pride in understanding and honoring some of the architectural gems from the…

The Art Hack at HackerLab

The Art Hack at HackerLab

Outside of our “day” jobs, my husband, Justin Wood, and I love to explore a variety of artistic endeavors. One of which is an installation we are working on right now at the HackerLab in Midtown Sacramento with Gina Lujan and Eric Ullrich. We…

Kicking-Off Bike Month in May

Kicking-Off Bike Month in May

Have you heard? May is Bike Month! What is “May is Bike Month”? “May is Bike Month” is a campaign that takes place in the six-county Sacramento Region each year. The focus is to promote bicycle use as a mode of…

Sights From the Top of Sacramento

Sights From the Top of Sacramento

The American Institute of Architects, Central Valley Chapter’s (AIACV) continues to celebrate the 10-day Central Valley Regional Architecture Festival and we have some great photos to share from Tuesday’s Top of the City Views Tour. As part of the festival, the AIACV offers exclusive access…

Celebrating Architecture Through the Lens of Our Region

Celebrating Architecture Through the Lens of Our Region

The American Institute of Architects, Central Valley Chapter’s (AIACV) second annual Central Valley Regional Architecture Festival is just one day away! Over the next 10 days, over 2,000 attendees, architects and community members alike will partake in a variety of events and activities to…

Take It to the Streets – 2013 Sacramento United Park(ing) Day

Take It to the Streets – 2013 Sacramento United Park(ing) Day

Parking Day is tomorrow and our team is ready! Park(ing) Day is an annual worldwide event where artists, designers and citizens temporarily transform parking spots into public parks or “parklets”. Originally started in 2005 by Rebar Group out of San…

Celebrating Our Past. Cultivating Our Future.

Celebrating Our Past. Cultivating Our Future.

Throughout nine decades, Nacht & Lewis has adapted, grown, strategized, designed and collaborated to provide our clients quality design services time and time again. Our rich history includes more than 91 years of timeless and innovative design projects, all setting…

Laura Wood’s “Toy Riff” and “Baby”

Laura Wood’s “Toy Riff” and “Baby”

To celebrate the 100th birthday of Ray Eames (a Sacramento native), our Virtual Design Coordinator, Laura Wood created two commemorative sculptures in her honor. The larger sculpture “Toy Riff” and the smaller sculpture “Baby” were exhibited outside of the Nacht & Lewis office…