This month’s Staff Spotlight is a feature of one of our newest team members, Yesenia Taylor, a recent graduate of Woodbury University in San Diego. Yesenia joined Nacht & Lewis in November 2015 and we couldn’t be happier to have her as part of our firm family!
1. What is your job at Nacht & Lewis and how long have you been doing it?
Design Technician – just short of 6 months.
2. What is the best part of your job at Nacht & Lewis?
I enjoy learning new things everyday so I really like that my job entails a little bit of everything. I think it’s cool that I get to work with different people and on a lot of different projects. It really helps me be versatile and well-experienced. I also really like the freedom to vocalize my opinions and to occasionally be part of the large decision-making process.
3. What is the one thing you love to do and wish you had more time to spend doing?
Even though I am on the verge of death every time I do it, I absolutely love to hike, and whenever I see a mountain, I impulsively want to hike it. I wish I had time to do it more often!
4. Name one thing that you’ve done that was on your bucket list.
I love rollercoasters so I wanted to go to Magic Mountain and ride every roller coaster in the park. I have now accomplished that… more times than I am willing to admit.
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a mechanic – I still like working on cars so it has become a hobby.
6. Favorite meal?
[favorite foods] Tacos, sushi, and cereal.
7. Do your daily/weekly tasks live in a paper notebook, electronically, or in your head? Explain why this works best for you?
Long-term things get written on my mirror so I can see them daily work on them a little every day or every month. Bonus fact about me: I will occasionally make lists of things I need to do, just because I live for the mere satisfaction of checking things off lists.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Definitely flying. It would beat driving in traffic every day.
9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years?
It is really hard for me to ask people for help. However, I love it when people ask me to help them.
10. What’s your favorite song/band of all time?
I have a new favorite song every week, so it’s hard to pick one. This week’s favorite song is anything by with either DJ Snake or Diplo. NOT ADVISED TO LISTEN TO IF YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 30. Your ears might bleed.