Say hello to Jami M. Godkin, Marketing Manager and resident animal-lover at Nacht & Lewis!
1. What is your job at Nacht & Lewis and how long have you been doing it?
Marketing Manager and I’ve been here two months, but it feels like much longer because Nacht & Lewis is an awesome place to work!
2. What is the best part of your job at Nacht & Lewis?
Creativity! I am incredibly lucky to have such a supportive staff and executive team who let me have fun Marketing.
3. What is the one thing you love to do and wish you had more time to spend doing?
I love animals so I wish I had more time to volunteer with different animal advocacy organizations. My family has a bunch of rescues (dogs, horses, kittens) and in my opinion they are the best pets! Ultimately, I’d love to open my own animal rescue/sanctuary. #RetirementGoals
4. Name one thing that you’ve done that was on your bucket list.
I did a live burn a few years ago with a Bay Area fire department – I wore full turnout gear, manned the firehose, and went in and put out a burning structure. I was terrified, but felt such a rush of adrenaline! I started training to be a firefighter in college, but chose to following Marketing instead so it was cool to get a chance to see what it would be like if I had become a firefighter.
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had a few different ideas, but mostly a Marine Biologist. Discovery Channel’s Shark Week is a must-watch for me!
6. Favorite meal?
Mom’s Greek cooking and Grandma’s Sugar Cookies. Thankfully, they passed along their cooking/baking skills.
7. Do your daily/weekly tasks live in a paper notebook, electronically, or in your head? Explain why this works best for you?
I do a mix of all three. Digital is great for business and my iCalendar keeps me sane, but I do keep a notebook for personal use. And being in Marketing, I have to use my imagination to plan out a creative or strategy.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Telekinetic travel! I really do not enjoy flying and traffic is never pleasant so if I can nod my head and get to a tropical destination or to visit family, why not?!
9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years?
Humility and humor go a long way – both have gotten me through some very difficult times in my life. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and also remember not to take yourself too seriously!
10. What’s your favorite song/band of all time?
Hands down, the best show I’ve been to (and I’ve been to a lot!) was Fleetwood Mac at Oracle Arena in 2014. I don’t have a favorite band though – that’s too difficult to pinpoint!