We are excited about running a new monthly series, Staff Spotlight, which highlights fun tidbits about our diverse group of people here at Nacht & Lewis! To kick things off, let’s started with an interview from our newest employee, Joey Yao, who just joined Nacht & Lewis in late June. Welcome Joey, and thanks for sharing some really fun and interesting answers with us.
1. What is your job at Nacht & Lewis and how long have you been doing it?
I am the Graphic Designer and I have been here for 10…days.
2. What is the best part of your job at Nacht & Lewis?
The people here are extremely nice and welcoming, and three words…FREE ICE CREAM!
3. What is the one thing you love to do and wish you had more time to spend doing?
I love traveling and exploring. Always down for an adventure.
4. Name one thing that you’ve done that was on your bucket list.
Bought a car with my hard earned money and I named him Bradley.
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Favorite meal?
I don’t think I can survive without Mexican food.
7. Do your daily/weekly tasks live in a paper notebook, electronically, or in your head? Explain why this works best for you?
On the back of recycled paper, because I like writing things down, helps me remember. AND it’s environmental friendly.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years?
I learned that I cannot bike with one hand nor can I jump over a hurdle. Learned that the hard way. I also found out that I am allergic to fruits…ALL fruits. On a more serious note, I learned that I really enjoy doing what I do, can’t think of doing anything else other than design.
10. What’s your favorite song/band of all time?
Christmas songs, because they come with family gatherings, presents, feasts, holidays, festive decorations and SALES!