Say hello to Jami M. Godkin, Marketing Manager and resident animal-lover at Nacht & Lewis!
1. What is your job at Nacht & Lewis and how long have you been doing it?
Marketing Manager and I’ve been here two months, but it feels like much longer becauseÂ Nacht & Lewis is anÂ awesome place to work!
2. What is the best part of your job at Nacht & Lewis?
Creativity! I am incredibly lucky to have such a supportive staff and executive team who let me have fun Marketing.
3. What is the one thing you love to do and wish you had more time to spend doing?
I love animals so I wish I had more time to volunteer with different animal advocacy organizations. My family has a bunch of rescues (dogs, horses, kittens) and in my opinion they are the best pets!Â Ultimately, I’d love to open my own animal rescue/sanctuary. #RetirementGoals
4. Name one thing that youâ€™ve done that was on your bucket list.
I did a live burn a few years ago with a Bay Area fire department – I wore full turnoutÂ gear, manned the firehose, and went in and put out a burning structure. I was terrified, but felt such a rush of adrenaline! I started training to be a firefighter in college, but chose to following Marketing instead so it was cool to get a chance to see what it would be like if I had become a firefighter.
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had a few different ideas, but mostly aÂ Marine Biologist. Discovery Channel’s Shark Week is a must-watch for me!
6. Favorite meal?
Mom’s Greek cooking and Grandma’s Sugar Cookies. Thankfully, they passed along their cooking/baking skills.
7. Do your daily/weekly tasks live in a paper notebook, electronically, or in your head? Explain why this works best for you?
I do a mix of all three. Digital is great for business and my iCalendar keeps me sane, but I do keep a notebook for personal use. And being in Marketing, I have to use my imagination to plan out a creative or strategy.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Telekinetic travel! I really do not enjoy flying and traffic is never pleasant so if I can nod my head and get to a tropical destination or toÂ visit family, why not?!
9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years?
Humility and humor go a long way – both have gotten me through some very difficult times in my life. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and alsoÂ remember not to take yourself too seriously!
10. Whatâ€™s your favorite song/band of all time?
Hands down, the best show I’ve been to (and I’ve been to a lot!) was Fleetwood Mac at Oracle Arena in 2014. I don’t have a favorite band though – that’s too difficult to pinpoint!