Tis the month of December, so say hello to Chris Hirai, our Project Coordinator.
1. What is your job at Nacht & Lewis and how long have you been doing it?I am a Project Coordinator at Nacht & Lewis and I have been with the company for 7 years, the last 4 of which I have been a Project Coordinator.
2. What is the best part of your job at Nacht & Lewis?The best part about my job is learning new things from my co-workers. The staff here at Nacht & Lewis has a tremendous amount of experience in the Building / Design profession and every day that I come in to the office I feel like I have the opportunity to learn something new that will make me a better design professional.
3. What is the one thing you love to do and wish you had more time to spend doing?I really love traveling, camping, hiking and being outdoors. Every year I try to get in a few backpacking trips and day hikes, and I would certainly love to have more opportunities to get out and explore.
4. Name one thing that you’ve done that was on your bucket list.I was able to visit Stamford Bridge in London, which is the home stadium of my favorite English Premier League soccer team, Chelsea FC. I unfortunately didn’t get to see a match there, but I was able to tour the stadium, see the pitch and interact with other fans. It was a really great experience!
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?Oh wow…well I wanted to be a lot of things as a little kid. Let’s see, I wanted to be a truck driver, a helicopter pilot, a professional baseball player and yes, even an architect. However, I think the job that I remember wanting to do the most when I was a kid was following in my dad’s footsteps as a police officer.
6. Favorite meal?That is a very difficult question to answer. I am a fan of many meals, but my favorite meal would have to be this Japanese curry dish that my dad makes. Pork and vegetables in a curry sauce served over white rice.
7. Do your daily / weekly tasks live in a paper notebook, electronically, or in your head? Explain why this works best for you?Ideally they would live entirely in some central location besides my mind, however, it’s sort of a hybrid at this point. My work tasks are electronic, so those are pretty straight forward, but the day to day are all over the place.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?I think teleportation or the ability to transport myself anywhere in the world in a single second would be awesome!
9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years?Hmm…tough question. I think one thing I’ve learned about myself is that I’m always looking forward. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate the past, because I actually am kind of a history nerd, but I’m always looking forward to the next challenge.
10. What’s your favorite song / band of all time?Wow single favorite song / band? I don’t know how I can answer that. I’m a big music fan. I’ve always enjoyed listening to and playing music ever since I was a little kid. But if I had to choose…I think I’d have to say my favorite band would be The Who, with AC / DC and the Foo Fighters close runners up. And for my favorite song it would have to be “Baba O’ Riley”.