Up next for our November Staff Spotlight we haveÂ Bobbi Dougherty, Controller. Enjoy!
1. What is your job at Nacht & Lewis and how long have you been doing it?
I am the Controller and have been here for 4.5 years.Â
2. What is the best part of your job at Nacht & Lewis?
I am a numbers person, so I pretty much love everything about the balancing, budgeting and analyzing of them. Oh, and spreadsheetsâ€¦donâ€™t get me started. I also love the people and the management here, pretty amazing all the way around.Â
3. What is the one thing you love to do and wish you had more time to spend doing?
I really love spending time with my family, all of them. With busy schedules it is really hard to get everyone together on a regular basis.Â
4. Name one thing that you’ve done that was on your bucket list.
I am not a bucket list kind of person, but I have been sky divingâ€¦does that count? One of my goals as an adult was to raise my kids in one house. My husband and I were able to purchase our forever home 6 months before our first baby was born. Mission accomplished!
5. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little I always wanted to be an accountant (no joke) and/or a marine biologist. I love Free Willy! I soon learned around high school age that being a marine biologist required way, WAY too much science.Â
6. Favorite meal?
Christmas dinner at my parentsâ€™ house. Besides the fact that it a meal shared with family, my parents put together my FAVORITE spread: prime rib, crab, twice baked potatoes and some other yummies!
7. Do your daily/weekly tasks live in a paper notebook, electronically, or in your head? Explain why this works best for you?
Prior to children they lived in my head! Mommy brain has taken over and now I am not really sure where they liveâ€¦I forgot where I put them.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would love to be invisible. I am nosey by nature, but not intrusive.
9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years?
I have learned that I am way more patient than I ever gave myself credit for. With that said, I have also learned that I have strong convictions and will fight, and fight hard, for what I feel is right. Slight contradiction to the first statementâ€¦yup! Thatâ€™s me in a nutshell. Oh, and I have learned that I can function on very little sleep!Â
10. Whatâ€™s your favorite song/band of all time?
If I had to pick one, I would say Garth Brooks, but that would not be fair to Country Music. There are so many great songs and great artists. The whole country music genre is awesome. Awesome music, awesome people!