UCSF Orthopaedic Institute
The UCSF Medical Center and the School of Medicine’s new Department of Orthopaedics established a premier center for orthopaedic care at 1500 Owens, directly across the street from the Mission Bay Community Center and two blocks from the future Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
The 42,000 s.f. Orthopaedic Institute relocated, consolidated and expanded existing services at Mt. Zion and at Parnassus. The project consisted of an outpatient clinical facility, ambulatory surgery center, radiology suite, orthotics and prosthetics clinic and shop, human performance center and academic offices. The clinical area includes patient waiting areas, 30 exam rooms and clinical support space. The ambulatory surgery center includes four operating rooms and two procedure rooms, and the radiology suite consists of a 3T MRI and three x-ray rooms. Academic space features 15-20 faculty offices and a hotel office.
- Survey of Existing Facilities
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Documentation
- Coordination of Radiology Equipment, Permitting, Bidding Services and Construction Administration