JOIN OUR TEAM
Nacht & Lewis is a legacy design firm headquartered in Sacramento, California. Since 1922, our clients have trusted us to provide one dedicated, experienced and reliable team that delivers complex projects from start to finish. Specializing in civic, education, healthcare, justice (corrections & courts) and public safety market sectors, we are experts who have built an outstanding reputation for crafting tailored design solutions with integrity and dedication.
Nacht & Lewis is a legacy design firm based in Sacramento, California. Since 1922, our clients have trusted us to provide one dedicated, experienced and reliable team that delivers complex projects from start to finish. Specializing in Education, Healthcare, Justice and Public Safety market sectors, we are experts who have built an outstanding reputation for crafting tailored design solutions with integrity and dedication.
Quality is represented throughout our work, but it is our team behind the name that makes us so exceptional. Nacht & Lewis is made up of imaginative and strategic problem solvers who genuinely enjoy working together for the best project outcomes, having fun with our clients along the way. Nacht & Lewis offers a close-knit, friendly and collaborative work environment in Downtown Sacramento. Through continuing education opportunities, professional development support and competitive salaries and benefits, many of our staff have built their careers here at Nacht & Lewis.
Benefits package includes:¬†401(k) Profit Sharing Plan ¬∑ Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance ¬∑ Life Insurance ¬∑ Short & Long Term Disability Insurance ¬∑ Paid Vacation, Sick & Holidays ¬∑ AFLAC & Cafeteria Plan ¬∑ Parking Subsidy
The Ideal Candidate:
- Design Architect with 5-10 years of experience with Public and/or Institutional projects in low, mid and high rise construction applications.
- Ability to rapidly translate complex programs into functional space planning models, adjacency and stacking diagrams and refined conceptual space plans.
- Demonstrate excellent written and graphic communication skills that ‚Äústand alone‚ÄĚ to convey design concepts and planning partis to clients, competitions, periodicals and advertisements.
- Demonstrate excellent graphic and oral communication skills required to describe complex design concepts and planning partis while participating in competitive design and qualifications presentations and interviews with other key team members.
- Successful candidate shall be able to present a substantial portfolio of work of design worthy projects either completed or under construction. Work shall demonstrate:
- Ability to translate complex 2D programs and planning concepts into thoughtfully designed 3D environments.
- Keen understanding of the relationships between form, space and order in the built environment.
- Knowledge of building codes to the extent that public health, safety and welfare are maintained and design concepts can be defended.
- Ability to lead project teams and provide input in the development of building programs, space planning, conceptual design, design development, presentations and production
- Ability to effectively utilize design software Revit, AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, and SketchUp. (or comparable software platforms) in the development of design product.
- Ability to research solutions to artistic and technical issues.
- Demonstrate good understanding of composition, articulation, materials, light, and color.
- Solid working knowledge of materials, building systems, construction techniques and building codes.
- Bachelor degree in architecture, licensed architect preferred, on path for licensure acceptable.
To see all of our firm’s past projects, go to http://nachtlewis.com/portfolios/
To find out more about our firm’s leadership group, go to http://nachtlewis.com/people/
To take the first step in becoming the next addition to our team, forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Fax: (916) 329-7474, Mail: Human Resources, 600 Q Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA¬† 95811